Win 5000 dollars for a shopping spree
One winner will receive:
• Lunch with Sarah Tarca, the editor of Girlfriend, valued at up to $400
• 1 x $5000 Spending Money for the Winner & their companion.
Review"Win 5000 dollars for a shopping spree" is a competition by Girlfriend and has a prize pool of $5,400 for 1 prize. Generours prize pool. Hopefully, we see more of this. You can participate for free in this one. What are you waiting for? With this budget all girls must enter! We have reviewed competitions by this brand quite a few times in the past.
Our rating: 4.5 (of 5.0) © AussieContests,
This competition is organized by Girlfriend and you can check out their latest competitions here:
- Win a double movie pass and a Choc Top pack (Movies & Music)
- Win a double pass to Madam Tussauds Sydney (Activities)
- Win a copy of the LIVE SOS on CD (Movies & Music)
You may also be interested in this:
- Win a house or enough cash to buy one. There are some competitions to win this great prizes. A house or appartment is probably one of the most sought after prizes. Of course it is not often offered in free competitions but every now and then we find one and post it here. Rather than in free.. - read more
- Rewards can be won in all competitons listed on AussieContests. Check out our prize categories to find the reward you are looking for. Get the reward you deserve (presumably..) and win money, vouchers, the latest fashion and consumer electronics or even a house or car.
A particular case of.. - read more
- The other day I explained how making rhyme and especially a funny rhyme can help you win the contest.
I stumbled of this Limerick which may give you some inspiration:
There was an old.. - read more
Terms and conditions of the competition "Win 5000 dollars for a shopping spree "
according to the competition's organizers.
deems acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
Who can enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of
the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family
means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether
natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt,
niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific
Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
3. All entrants may enter as many times as they like but only one prize will be awarded
4. All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent
or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify
consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release
will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and
forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone
number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases
will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory
5. Where the prize involves driving, travel or an event, winners and any companions
under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian at all times. The
major winner’s companion must be the prize winner’s legal parent or guardian.
How to enter
6. Enter as many times as you wish, by telling us in 25-words-or-less, your answer to
the question posed in Girlfriend Magazine cover-dated October 2013.
• Entries must be an original submission via the internet at www.girlfriend.com.au
7. Entries must include all requested contact details and a 25-words-or-less answer to
be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the
competition close date and time.
When to enter
8. The competition commences on 23/09/13 at 09:00 AEST and closes on 28/10/13 at
17:00 AEDT. The winner will be the best valid entry as judged by the judging panel, having
regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises on 29/10/13 at 11:00
AEDT. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event
that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Conditions of Entry or take a
9. The winner will be notified by e-mail and their name will be published online at
www.girlfriend.com.au on 31/10/13.
10. Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks.
Prize on offer
11. Total prize value is (up to) $5400, as at 30/08/13. One (1) winner will receive:
• Lunch with Sarah Tarca for the winner and their companion valued at up to $400
• 1 x $5000 Spending Money for the Winner & their companion.
12. Sarah will travel to the winners nearest capital city for lunch (at the total cost of
13. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the
responsibility of the winners (and their companions) including Travel to the Winner’s nearest
capital city from their place of residence in acceptance of the prize.
14. During acceptance of the Prize the Winner and their companion must abide by all
reasonable requests of the Promoter.
15. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional
prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the
prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The
Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their
prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Prize must be taken on – 8/11/13 or 15/11/13. In the event a winner does not take
the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash
will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
17. For any cash prizes your name on your entry must be that of an eligible bank account
to which a cheque can be cashed. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to send
cheques in the names as specified in the original entry. Winning entries with only a family
name or reference to a family as the entrant cannot be cashed by banks. If the winner of a
cash prize is under 18, the prize will be given to the winners’ parent or guardian on behalf of
Further Conditions of Entry
18. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Conditions of Entry if this
competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend
this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the
administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The
Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other
aspect of this competition.
19. The Promoter, Johnson & Johnson Pacific Pty Ltd and each of their associated
agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical
malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or
providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone
network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to
consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or
connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or
misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to
the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any
compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage
to entrants or any other persons computer software or phone; or any combination thereof,
related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of
any materials in this competition.
20. All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any
such answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All
entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found
to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if
awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to
sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the
generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have
breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any
individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or
engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and
proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other
compensation are reserved.
21. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to
substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a
condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of
the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no
compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
22. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided
when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes
all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The
Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at
the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release
or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide
proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address
and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of
identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion
of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will
forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be
a winner, being unable to satisfy these Conditions of Entry.
25. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding
on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No
correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected
entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the
exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s
nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated
agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes
damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
26. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the
property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries
received. Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd and its related entities collects entrants’ personal
information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not
limited to determining and notifying winners) and for related purposes which would
reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may from time to time use
your personal information to provide you with information about products and services which
we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to direct us not to do
this if and when any future communication is sent to you by the Promoter. We do not sell
personal information to other organisations. We may disclose personal information to
essential service providers who provide services in connection with our products and services.
You may request access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Legal
Compliance Department, Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015.
27. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as
required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being
interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting
Johnson & Johnson Pacific Pty Ltd and the Promotera perpetual and non-exclusive licence to
use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking
sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
28. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings
and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
© Copyright with the competition's organizers.