Win a $15,000 holiday in Queensland
To enter the competition you must do the following: (i) Visit the website www.fans.queensland.com , become a fan and complete your entry details; Describe in no more than 750 characters how Tourism and Events Queensland should celebrate 1 million facebook fans.
Review"Win a $15,000 holiday in Queensland" is a competition by Queensland Tourism and has a prize pool of $15,000 for 1 prize. Great great prize pool, we love that part! Free participation in this competition. What is really great about this prize is that you get a big budget and can influence the actual itinerary and also whether you make it a trip for just two or for more people. The question is quite demanding. Note the unusual limit of 750 characters (not counting the words). The rating is also reflecting that we have only seen a few of this brands competitions.
Our rating: 4.5 (of 5.0) © AussieContests,
This competition is organized by Queensland Tourism and you can check out their latest competitions here:
- Win a Queensland holiday and stay at a Peppers Resort (Activities)
- Win a voucher for Digital Camera Warehouse (Electronics)
- Win a Queensland holiday to attend the Towoomba Flower Festival (Holidays)
You may also be interested in this:
- Win a holiday in paris and visit capital of France and allegedly a capital of love and romance. Visit the Eiffel tower, see masterpieces in the Louvre museum and take a trip on the river Seine along l'Ile de Paris and Notre Dame cathedral. Win a romantic trip with dinner on the Champs Elysees and.. - read more
- Free trips and holidays are very popular prizes in Australian competitions and you see them offered by a lot of organizers of free online competitions. Check this page for a selection of really cool free trips to be won. Under our prize category
- Trips to California are so common as prizes listed on AussieContests that we thought we need to share some holiday ideas to make the choice easier. Usually, national parks are not the main.. - read more
- Win an amazing holiday in Ireland for two. Tourism Ireland has got a great competition right now that I just have to tell you about. The prizes, a trip to Ireland, is very nice of course, and to.. - read more
- Some tips on winning FB competitions that you may want to consider before you like and enter the next one on Facebook. Facebook competitions are often easy to enter but still you should be aware of.. - read more
Terms and conditions of the competition "Win a $15,000 holiday in Queensland "
according to the competition's organizers.
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of
entry. By ticking the terms and conditions check box entrants are deemed
to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. The competition commences at 9.00am Australian Eastern Standard Time
(“AEST”) on 21 October 2013 and concludes at 4.00pm AEST on 29
November 2013. Entry is open to all persons over the age of 18 years.
3. To enter the competition you must do the following:
(i) Visit the website www.fans.queensland.com, become a fan and
complete your entry details;
(ii) Describe in no more than 750 characters how Tourism and Events
Queensland should celebrate 1 million facebook fans.
You may submit up to two entries.
4. Selection of the winning entry will be carried out by a panel of judges
selected by Tourism & Events Queensland. The entries will be judged on
the basis of the following criteria:
(i) Entry concept fits within Tourism and Events Queensland’s brand
ideals: The brand is about why we love living in Queensland. It’s
about adding value to people’s experiences and about discovering
and sharing the magic of Queensland that only the locals can know
and understand – quite
simply, Queensland is Where Australia Shines.
(ii) Entry concept is able to be activated within a budget of under
(iii) Entry concept promotes Queensland and/or Queensland
(iv) Entry concept is promotable i.e. has the potential to generate
publicity locally and globally and has creative merit
(v) Entry concept enables the winner and potentially other Visit
Queensland, Australia fans, to be a part of the celebration.
5. The winning entry will receive a major prize of a holiday to Queensland for
two or more people, including:
(i) Flights from the winner’s nearest capital city to Queensland;
(ii) Accommodation; and
(iii) Some tours.
Final itinerary will be developed in consultation between the winner and
Tourism and Events Queensland and will depend upon the number of
people attending and cost.
The value of the major prize is up to A$15,000.
6. All expenses not part of the itinerary will be responsibility of the prize
winner and travel companion, including but not limited to alterations to
confirmed itinerary details, meals, spending money, entertainment, phone
calls, beverages, laundry, etc.
7. The major prize must be taken over the period 20 January 2014 to 20
8. Each time an entrant shares the competition via twitter or email, they will
receive one entry into a random draw to receive one of 20 Queensland
packs. The drawing of the prize packs will be conducted at Tourism and
Events Queensland, 30 Makerston Street, Brisbane on Monday 9 December
The total value of all Queensland packs is $A10,000.
9. Names of prize winners will be published on the website,
immediately following the draw. The prize winner will also be notified by
10. The winners will be contacted by telephone or email on Monday, 9
December 2013. Winning entrants must confirm their acceptance to
Tourism and Events Queensland by 13 December 2013 or Tourism and
Events Queensland may select an alternative winner.
11. Employees and Directors of Tourism and Events Queensland, or agencies
associated with the competition, and their immediate families, are
ineligible to enter the competition. The competition is open to all
12. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
13. Travel insurance is not provided and Tourism and Events Queensland
recommends the major prize winner and travel companion obtain
comprehensive travel insurance including medical coverage (at their own
expense) prior to travel.
14. Entrants must be eligible for a short term tourist visa to Australia. For visa
information visit www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist. The major prize winner
and travel companion must arrange and pay for their own tourist visa to
Australia prior to travel. Tourism and Events Queensland will not be held
responsible for any visas that are not approved prior to the travel date
resulting in inability to travel. Ineligibility to obtain a visa results in
cancellation of the prize.
15. Tourism and Events Queensland shall be entitled to cancel the major prize
and itinerary without notice should the prize winner or their travel
companions engage in any inappropriate, illegal or immoral behaviour, use
excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants or illegal drugs, or act in any
manner which brings Tourism and Events Queensland or any person or
organisation involved in the promotion into public disrepute.
16. Each entrant releases and indemnifies Tourism and Events Queensland
and Facebook against all liability (including tax liability), cost, loss or
expense arising out of acceptance of the prize or participation in the
promotion including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to
property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some
negligent act or omission or otherwise.
17. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that Tourism and Events
Queensland may use their name, likeness, appearance, voice and
biographical information for its promotional and publicity purposes.
18. Tourism and Events Queensland will own all intellectual property in entry
19. Tourism and Events Queensland’s decision concerning any aspect of this
competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. All entrants will be automatically subscribed to Tourism and Events
Queensland electronic communications.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments, or complaints
regarding the promotion should be directed to Tourism and Events
Queensland and not to Facebook.
22. The Promoter is Tourism and Events Queensland [ABN 77 745 152 359] of
30 Makerston Street, Brisbane Qld 4000.
© Copyright with the competition's organizers.