Find a competition
Search our database to find the competition you are looking for on AussieContests.
Search result for: perthnow.com.au/win competitions
Win a trip to Singapore for 4
Terms and Conditions – Paddington Bear
1. The Promoter is News Limited (ABN 47 007 871 178) of 2 Holt St, Surry Hills, 2010 NSW Telephone number 02 9288 3000.
2. The Benefiting Party is StudioCanal Pty Limited (ABN 64 096 774 015 of Level 50, 680 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
3. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
5. Entry is open to all residents of NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA and ACT except employees and immediate families of the Promoter or StudioCanal and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on Sunday 7th December, 2014 at 00:05 AEDT and concludes on Wednesday 10th December, 2014 at 23:55 AEDT. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including online entry not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the online entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. Online entries via the automatic computer generation is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
10. The details of how to enter the competition are set out in The Sunday Telegraph (NSW), Sunday Herald Sun (VIC), The Sunday Mail (QLD), Sunday Mail (SA) and The Sunday Times (WA), cover dates Sunday 7th December, 2014.
11. Entrants may enter the competition by:
To enter the competition readers must enter online at dailytelegraph.com.au/promotions (NSW), heraldsun.com.au/competitions (VIC), couriermail.com.au/competitions (QLD), advertiser.com.au/competitions (SA) and perthnow.com.au/competitions (WA).
Entrants must enter all details required on the online competition page, as well as identify at least three (3) page numbers where printed Paddington Bear characters appeared in the applicable masthead newspaper, detailed in clause 10 on Sunday 7th December, 2014. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
12. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses or PO Box addresses to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
15. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize will be awarded per person. Except residents of South Australia, who are eligible to win more than once.
Determination and Notification of winner
16. Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period and registered all details in accordance with clauses 1 to 14 will be entered into the prize draw. The random draw will take place at Salmat Digital, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060 at 10:00 AEDT on Thursday 11 December, 2014 from all correct entries.
17. This competition is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
18. Eleven (11) prize winners will be awarded in total across all participating Australian states.
19. If any particular determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
21. The winners will be notified in writing within two days of the draw and will have their details published in The Australian newspaper on Thursday 18th December, 2014.
22. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. internet account holder).
23. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrants responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
24. Subject to any directions given under relevant State legislation, any winner who has not claimed their prize by 17:00 AEDT on Monday 16th March, 2015 forfeit their prize. An unclaimed prize draw will take place at 10:00 AEDT on Tuesday 17th March, 2015 at Salmat Digital, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060 to award such prizes. The winner of the unclaimed prize will be notified in writing within two days of the unclaimed draw and will havw their details published in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 24th March, 2015.
Prizes on offer
There is one (1) Major Prize and ten (10) minor prizes on offer.
25. One (1) Major Prize Winner will receive the following:
a) Five (5) nights’ accommodation, staying in a Deluxe Family King Room at the Festive Hotel – Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore, for a family of four (4) (two (2) adults and two (2) children). Accommodation includes daily breakfast at the hotel. Adults must be of eighteen (18) years of age or older. Children must be of seventeen (17) years of age or younger, valued up to $4,200.00 (including GST)
b) Return economy flights for two (2) adults and two (2) children, departing from the prize winner’s nearest Australian capital city international airport to Singapore International Airport, valued up to $7,960.00 (including GST)
c) Return transfers for four (4) people from Singapore International Airport to the the Festive Hotel – Resorts World Sentosa on the day of arrival and departure, valued up to $420.00 (including GST)
d) One (1) tour for two (2) adults and two (2) children at Universal Studios, Singapore, 8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island, Singapore 098269, valued up to $300.00 (including GST)
e) Single day passes to Singapore Zoo for two (2) adults and two (2) children, 80 Mandai Lake Rd, Singapore 729826, valued up to $200.00 (including GST)
f) Travel Insurance for two (2) adults and two (2) children with Accident & Health International, valid for the duration of the prize redemption period. For more information visit www.acchealth.com.au. Valued up to $600.00 (including GST)
26. Ten (10) Runner Up prize winners will receive the following:
a) Two (2) in-season double passes to see Paddington Bear. Not valid Tuesdays or cinema discount days, after 5pm on Saturdays or Public Holidays. Terms and conditions apply, details printed on ticket. Valued up to $80.00 (including GST)
27. The Major Prize is valued up to $13,680.00 (including GST). The Runner Up prize is valued up to $80.00 (including GST). Total Runner Up prize is valued up to $800.00 (including GST).
28. Total prize pool for this promotion is valued up to $14,480.00 (including GST).
29. Major Prize is not valid during Australian school or national holiday period, during December 2014 or December 2015. It is not valid between Wednesday 18th February, 2015 and Tuesday 24th February, 2015 or between Monday 15th June, 2015 and Wednsday 15th July, 2015. Prize must be redeemed within a 12 month period from the date the winner is notified of their prize win. Redemption dates for all prize elements are to be confirmed with the Promoter and the prize winner upon issue of the itinerary prior to departure.
30. Accommodation dates are subject to availability and are the Promoter’s discretion and may change without notice.
31. Flight dates and times are to be agreed upon by the Promoter and the Major Prize
32. Winner at the time of booking. Flights are subject to airline availability and the Promoter’s discretion and may change without notice.
33. Airport transfers from the prize winner’s residence to their nearest capital city international airport in Australia are the responsibility of the prize winner and their companions.
34. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
35. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
36. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
37. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements
38. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
39. Major Prize must be taken on a time and date as agreed between the Promoter and the Major Prize Winner, within one (1) year of the prize being awarded.
40. Where the prize involves travel or an event, any companions under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian over the age of eighteen (18) at all times.
41. Entrants under the age of eighteen (18) years may enter the competition. If an entrant under the age of eighteen (18) years is awarded as the Major Prize Winner then the Major Prize will be awarded to the entrants parent or legal guardian on the winner’s behalf.
42. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of God, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
43. The winners and their companions are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
44. The winner/s and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same airport and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city’s international airport (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth).
45. The prize is subject to hotel and flight availability. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
46. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and their travel companions. All prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
47. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in activities which carry risk should they be chosen as winners. The winners release the promoter and other organisers, their related bodies, corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of auxiliary activity participation or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize.
48. The winners acknowledge that regions of Singapore may be politically unsettled. The winners are required to be physically fit. This expedition/prize is not suitable for anyone who suffers from a respiratory disorder, circulatory ailment, or physical disability that limits mobility. By entering the competition, the winner and their guest acknowledge they are able to bring with them with the required clothing for this tour at no expense to the Promoter or the other organisers.
Further Terms and Conditions
49. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
50. News Limited, StudioCanal and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
51. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
52. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrants responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
53. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
54. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
55. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
56. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
57. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
58. The Promoter reserves the right to redetermine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
59. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with News Life Media or News Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
60. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
61. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
62. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensati